MANNA MINISTRIES - Bread from Heaven

December 2015
November 2015
October 2015

powered by

Perfectly Imperfect

Prayer, Like Eagles' Wings

Memories from one of my journals in 2010!

Philippians 3:12
 Not that I have already obtained it [this goal of being Christlike] or have already been made perfect, but I actively press on so that I may take hold of that [perfection] for which Christ Jesus took hold of me and made me His own.

(1956-2018)
Bishop Sims is now resting in the presence of the Lord.  In 2009, he had open-heart surgery.  His heart was still strong, but he had  leaky heart valves, both the mitral and tricuspid, which caused much of the blood to flow in the opposite direction.  It drained him of his energy and caused other problems.  The surgeon was able to repair it.

I Had a Dream
Before we left for Oklahoma City, I had a dream.  Danger pursued me, but I was determined that it would not catch me nor overtake me.  I ran faster than humanly possible, and pretty soon, I was in the air - defying gravity, flying above it all.  I zoomed over the enemy and beyond his reach - high above every threat of danger.  I felt free and relaxed and began to enjoy the sensational experience and thanked God for his divine protection.  What a breathtaking sight it was!  Although it was dark, there were lights everywhere in the city: the valleys, mountains, crevices, etc.  I never wanted to come down.

When I woke up, I knew that we would have some dark times in the city, but the dream signified that we would rise above it all.  We did defy gravity in a spiritual sense.

It was revealed to me that the body of Christ all over the nation was praying for us – they were those lights.  I felt so undergirded.  My husband shared this message:
“Thank you for your consistencies in prayer for my wife and me in our trying times.  God did most certainly bare me up on eagles wings during this dark hour of my life.  I felt the converging of the body of Jesus like I've never felt it before.  The mountains of denominations locked hands, and nothing else mattered but the will of our heavenly Father.  God is so perfect!” ~Bishop Ken Sims (2010)

Isaiah 40:31
But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary, and they shall walk and not faint

The Lord reminded me that no matter what, I have to take the heavenly viewpoint instead of the earthly perspective, for we are seated in celestial places in Christ Jesus.

Determined that we would not miss our assignments at the hospital, I ministered every day - sometimes for hours and even while in CCU with my husband.  It took two days for some of the side effects from medications to wear off, but when it did, he ministered to nurses when his pain level was off the charts.  He spoke slowly and quietly.  One nurse sat beside him for an hour and went to tell her friends.  Her actions reminded me of the Samaritan at the well.  Three more came in, so we continued to minister for thirty more minutes.

Being hospitalized had many spiritual rewards.  My mind is indelibly marked by an experience with a woman named Jamie, who's mother was having heart surgery at the same time as my husband, Ken.  Her lungs were failing.  Jamie had been looking for me for four days and started crying when she found me.  Her mother’s condition worsened, and she stopped breathing.

Chaplains were available; however, she grabbed my hand and took me to her mom to pray for her.  I felt honored to be the Lord’s instrument.  Many were watching for the outcome.  Fortunately, I was able to continue building on the faith foundation that began four days earlier while in the waiting room.  I magnified the Lord by sharing some of our many testimonies.  Initially, her mother, Ms. Kathy, was not aware of anything, but when I started softly singing about the name of Jesus, she could not be still.  Jamie was thrilled.  We were at the heart hospital for ten days; Ms. Kathy continued to improve each day.

It was a hard fight to get clear of here.  This time was very challenging and demanding on our bodies, minds, and spirits.  Never-the-less, we stood and we overcame by the blood of the Lamb and the word of our testimony.

He is Jehovah Rapha, the Lord who heals us!

Whether you have a physical heart problem as Bishop Sims did or if you have spiritual heart issues, you need a surgeon.  If our hearts are uncircumcised, we too have leaky valves and are unable to love and forgive like Jesus.  The lives we lead flow in the opposite direction of God’s preference for us.  We are drained of energy and are frequently faced with insurmountable problems.

Jesus is the surgeon who will repair, renew, and remake your heart.  He will circumcise your heart so that you can be in covenant with him - he helps us to cut away the works of the flesh.  If you allow him, he will give you a clean heart so that you can serve him.

2 Corinthians 5:17
 Therefore if any person is [ingrafted] in Christ (the Messiah) he is a new creation (a new creature altogether); the old [previous moral and spiritual condition] has passed away. Behold, the fresh and new has come!

14 Comments to Prayer, Like Eagles' Wings:

Comments RSS
Watch MLB Live on Monday, July 20, 2020 6:06 AM
MLB Live Stream Free Online MLB Baseball GameHow to watch MLB Baseball 2020 games, today, news, schedule, score, live stream online on any device from anywhere.

Nike Shoes on Thursday, July 23, 2020 8:29 PM

Panthers Game Live on Thursday, August 20, 2020 11:27 PM
Carolina Panthers Game live stream free online. Panthers Football Live You can watch Panthers football game live stream, today/tonight & Find Panthers game schedule, news update.Carolina Panthers NFL Game Live Carolina Panthers NFL Football Live Panthers NFL Game Live Live Panthers Game Live Panthers Game Today Panthers Game Today

Monday Night Football Live on Thursday, August 20, 2020 11:28 PM
Monday Night Football NFL Monday Night Football Live live stream free online. How to watch MNF games live stream, today/tonight & Find Monday Night Football schedule, score, news update. Monday Night Football Game Live Watch Monday Night Football Live Watch NFL Monday Night Football Game NFL Thursday Night Football Live Thursday Night Football Live Game

Seahawks Game Live on Thursday, August 20, 2020 11:28 PM
The Seattle Seahawks Seahawks Game Today are a professional NFL team based in Seattle, Washington. You can watch Seattle Seahawks game live streaming online. Get the latest Seattle Seahawks schedule, TV channel, news update here.Watch Seahawks Game Live Seahawks Football Live Seahawks NFL Game Live Seahawks NFL Football Live

Eagles Game Live on Wednesday, September 16, 2020 8:34 PM
The Philadelphia Eagles are a professional NFL team based in Philadelphia. Eagles Football Live You can watch Philadelphia Eagles game live streaming online. Eagles Game Today Eagles Game Live Stream Eagles Game Live Online Eagles NFL Football Game Live Eagles NFL Game Today Eagles Football Live Stream Eagles Football Live Online Watch Eagles Game Online

Minnesota Vikings Game Live on Wednesday, September 16, 2020 8:36 PM

Rams Game Live on Wednesday, September 16, 2020 8:37 PM

Digital_Zone on Thursday, September 17, 2020 2:43 AM
Great job for publishing such a beneficial web site. Your web log isn’t only useful but it is additionally really creative too. There tend to be not many people who can certainly write not so simple posts that artistically. Continue the nice writing Capital Gains Tax Advice

Cowboys Game Live on Wednesday, September 23, 2020 4:09 AM
The Dallas Cowboys are a Cowboys NFL Game 2020 Live professional NFL team based in the Dallas?Fort Worth metroplex. You can watch Dallas Cowboys game live streaming online. Get the latest Dallas Cowboys schedule, TV channel, news update here. Watch Cowboys Game Live Cowboys NFL Game Live Cowboys NFL Game Live Streaming Cowboys Game Live Online Dallas Cowboys NFL Game Live Cowboys NFL Game Live Online Watch Cowboys Game Live Streaming Cowboys Game Live Stream Live NFL Cowboys Game Today 2020 Cowboys Game Today dallas cowboys game 2020

Lions Game Live on Wednesday, September 23, 2020 4:11 AM
Lions Game live stream free online. Lions Football Live How to watch Detroit Lions football games live stream, today/tonight & Find NFL Detroit Lions TV schedule, news update. Lions NFL Game Live Lions Game Live Stream Lions Football Live Stream Watch Lions Game Live Detroit Lions NFL Game Live Detroit Lions Game Today Lions Game Today Lions NFL Game Online Lions Game Online

Digital_Zone on Thursday, October 1, 2020 8:05 AM
Someone Sometimes with visits your blog regularly and recommended it in my experience to read as well. The way of writing is excellent and also the content is top-notch. Thanks for that insight you provide the readers! East Grinstead Accountants

Digital_Zone on Thursday, October 1, 2020 8:13 AM
This is my first time visit to your blog and I am very interested in the articles that you serve. Provide enough knowledge for me. Thank you for sharing useful and don't forget, keep sharing useful info: Tax Advisors Tax Accountants

Digital_Zone on Saturday, October 10, 2020 10:52 AM
We are really grateful for your blog post. You will find a lot of approaches after visiting your post. I was exactly searching for. Thanks for such post and please keep it up. Great work. Crawley Accountants